Monday, April 26, 2010

Update Spring 2010

I have not given up on my blog. I promise. We have been very busy with house projects and I have pushed the blog pretty low on the priority list. I plan to start updating more regularly this summer.

But what good is a blog without a little bragging. Right? Sawyer has been doing great. He has such a kind, gentle spirit. We hardly have to get on to him. I keep telling Clint that the terrible twos will start any day, but he actually gets sweeter and easier with every day. I hope I am not cursing myself by writing it down. He sleeps like his mommy and daddy. He loves his bed, and will tell us “night, night” when he is ready to go to sleep. I am talking at like 7:30 at night. As soon as we turn out the lights he tells us “Bye. Bye.” What happened to our days of rocking and singing before bed? He talks a lot. His speech has always been a little delayed, but he is starting to put words together. He just started telling me, “Love you.” I love it.

Sawyer is not a climber, and is ridiculously clean. He is always throwing things in the trash can and picking things up and setting them on the counter. Even his own toys. He loves, loves, loves to read books. He always keeps a book in his hand or nearby. He also loves to color and paint. As a result, Clint normally calls him Libro or Picasso. He is also really into his tools right now. He knows them all by name. He walks around the house “fixing things”. Also anytime Clint gets a tool out Sawyer gets out his matching toy tool. I have no idea on how boys pick up on these things. Now I personally think he is perfect, but he does have his moments. He does whine quite a bit. We are working on it, and because he is such a people pleaser is seems to be helping. He also hates to hear “no”. We don’t have to tell him “no” very often because he is so easy-going, but when we do, the easy-going part goes away. Oh well there is still nothing a pacie and blankie can’t fix.

Stayed tuned, I promise to post more.


We went to visit Clint's brother in New Mexico for Easter. Sawyer is hunting Easter eggs. He loved everything about Easter.

While we were in New Mexico we went to Carlsbad Caverns. We spent 3 hours hiking through the dark cavern. I was afraid Sawyer wouldn't like it, but actually he loved it. We had a great time.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Oh how I have missed you Melanie!!! I'm so glad that you are back to blogging. Sawyer is getting so big! We need to catch up soon!