Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dec. 31st - Jan 6th - "Lighten Up!"

I have been running a little behind on my blog entries because I decided that in 2009 I would make a little more time for myself. I have been using one of Sawyer's nap times to do something for me (not laundry, cleaning, cooking, blogging, or EATING) and it has been so therapeutic.

But it is now 2009. The best thing about 2009 is 2008 is now over. We had quite an eventful 2008 which ended up with Heidi in the hospital. We can say that all members of the family have been hospitalized and had our first IV's in 2008, Clint, Sawyer, Heidi, and myself. We don't do New Year's resolutions, but mottos every year. This year it is "Lighten Up". There are several areas we need to lighten up, but I have to start with the baby weight. My challenge for the month of January is to not eat my recent vices: alcohol, sweets (not including chocolate covered fruit -- that's just crossing the line), cokes, white bread, and chips. So far it is going pretty good. I may add saturated fats next month but I am not sure if I can give up cheese.

We had a nice quiet New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. Clint and I were tired of holiday food and Clint had a cold so we didn't want to go out; we stayed home and made the biggest baddest sandwich we could (ignore me in my sweats with no make-up on). On New Year's day we took a long hike. Check out Sawyer in his OSU hat. With it on backward I told him he looked like an OSU frat boy.






No comments: