If you are reading this you know Clint and I well enough to know we are obsessed with food. It consumes the majority of our time and conversation. I always thought it was a learned trait, but after seeing Sawyer I now know I can blame my weight struggles on genetics.
We started solids this week. Beginning with his first taste he was hooked. He now passionately screams anytime either Clint or I approach the kitchen table, and when he does eat he gobbles it up in seconds. Now I would like to say that Sawyer's first food was rice cereal and that I am following the baby books to the "T", but I have to be honest. We have let him try a few licks here and there, but I gave in this weekend. Friday he gummed on an Olive Garden breadstick, then he got a lick of chocolate, later the crust from a piece of pizza. He is already on the road to being an obese American, but anything to keep the kid quiet. He finally got his rice cereal. I am now prepared and take food with us when we go out in public.
As far as I go, I have been good. I have continued to cut sweets, alcohol, chips, cokes, and white bread out of my diet. In February I add saturated fats to the "no, no" list. I of course cheat every now and then (more like once a day) but the baby weight is finally coming off. Because I am an engineer I do have an excel spreadsheet and graphs for my weight -- I know I am dork.
2 comments:
Mel,
Thanks for hooking me up with your blog. It is pretty cool. Sawyer is a cute little dude. I hope he and I can hang out sometime soon. Matt
Oh yeah. The workout/gym I was telling you about is called Crossfit. I am sure there is one or more in Houston. I'd recommended typing in Crossfit and checking out some youtube vids. Here is the link to the one I go to: www.crossfitspokane.com.
Post a Comment