Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Jan. 20th- Jan. 26th - Spa Weekend

Clint is awesome! He and one of his buddies collaborated on a weekend getaway for the mommies. My friend Kelli had baby Karsten (who is absolutely adorable) 3 weeks before Sawyer was born and our wonderful husbands decided we deserved a weekend at the spa. So Kelli and I made our bottles and said goodbye to our men. I could lie and say I missed my boys deeply, but I had so much fun getting pampered I didn't think about home much. We went to the Lost Pines Resort and Spa outside of Austin where we spent 6 hours getting pampered and relaxing at the spa, had a nice dinner, got a full nights rest, took a short walk in the morning, then headed home. I returned to a happy Sawyer and Clint so I am assuming they had fun without me. I felt refreshed and recharged which has thus made me a better wife and mother.



The spa weekend came at a perfect time. Stress of life, pending layoffs, moving, graduation, . . . had really gotten to me. I had turned into a totally narotic person which I had just assumed was how all working moms acted. For the spa weekend I brought along Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow. It is a powerful book that reminds us to put our trust in God and God alone, to pray about everything, and learn how to live a content life. Wow, God had a lot of work to do on my heart and mind. Clint has been so impressed with the peace I have been feeling as I give my fears and stress to Christ that we decided to do the bible study together. Now it is a book written for a female audience. It is interesting to see a man's perspective. They definately think differently.


I had to include my weekly picture of the little guy. So cute!

2 comments:

The Beene's said...

WOW Melanie...I'm so jealous. I think Clint needs to have a little talk with Jason!! ;) Sawyer is so stinkin cute...we can't wait to see you guys soon!

Shelly said...

That's awesome Melanie both the spa weekend and the attitude/heart change! I'm a little jealous of both! ha! Stress can be so consuming! Tell Clint to drop some hints to all the other husbands out there! :-)