Wednesday, April 8, 2009

March 31 – April 6 – Road Trip

After we left Arkansas we headed to Bartlesville, Oklahoma to look for a house. It was exhausting. It took us four full days of house hunting before we finally put a contract on one. We aren’t getting our hopes up yet, because there are still some unresolved issues with the house. We are just praying and waiting that it all works out. We really enjoyed seeing B’ville. We did experience some culture shock when we couldn’t find a pizza place that served salads too. And when we went to Walmart to fight the crowds. I forgot that Walmart is the epicenter of small towns. We did make some new friends, at the pizza shop, coffee shop, café and hotel. Everyone was friendly. But the highlight of the week was spending all day and night just the three of us. It felt so right just hanging out as a family. Sawyer just thrived having us all together all the time. He started pulling up on all fours and rocking, talked a lot, and waved his happy arms (those of you who have met Sawyer know exactly what I am talking about).


Sawyer is playing in the hotel room. He was such a trooper all week.


Unfortunately Sawyer seemed to be enjoying the calculator way too much. I hope he isn't destined for dorkiness by having two engineers for parents.

I did notice earlier in the week that Sawyer was pulling on his ears some. He had no fever, no other change in behavior at all. I called the doctor and she said to wait until he had a fever. But nothing ever happened. On Friday I took Sawyer to the Siloam Springs medical clinic. Sure enough he had an ear infection. His first. There was no way I would have ever known except he tugged on his ears a little and had a little runny nose. After our doctor’s visit we then headed to Memphis, TN for a wedding. Clint’s cousin was getting married. We met up with Clint’s parents in Memphis. We spent the weekend searching for the country’s best barbeque (we only found the 2nd best according to the sign inside), paying our tributes to the king, and attending the wedding at the panda exhibit at the Memphis Zoo. It was a beautiful wedding and a great weekend.


We paid tribute to the king in Memphis. Here we are standing in front of Graceland.

Sawyer found someone who understands what it is like to be mostly belly at the Memphis Zoo.

Sawyer is heading to his first cousin once removed, Heather's wedding at the Memphis Zoo. It was so neat.

Sawyer is chowing down at a truck stop.

No comments: