Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Quick Update –

I promise, I have a million excuses for not posting, but I will save you from the pathetic whining of a working mom. I will get to posting about our first birthday, trip to Colorado, football games, and home remodeling, but until I have to the time I will just post a quick update.

Sawyer is becoming more awesome everyday. He totally has the “awesome gene” as Barney off of HIMYM would say. I have been watching the series while folding laundry. He started taking steps right around his first birthday, but it wasn’t until a week after he turned thirteen months that he decided to be a full time pedestrian. Man they move fast once they start walking. He typically will not go further than 10 feet from Mommy and Daddy but now that he walks it doesn’t take long to lose sight of him.

Sawyer has such a gentle spirit. He is very very sweet. The only time he cries is when you take away something he wants to play with, or leave the park, or leave playing outside. But he gets over it pretty quickly. He loves to be around people and share everything. He also loves to climb into Heidi’s bed and snuggle with her. She puts up with it for a minute then gets up. But Heidi does walk over to him all the time so Sawyer can give her a hug. They are getting to be real pals. His teacher’s say he is the best in the class, but I am sure they tell all the parents that.

It has been amazing how much he suddenly understands. He gets pretty much everything we say to him. He also it trying real hard to repeat what we say. I say “cup”, he says “da”, “bath”, “da”, “down”, “da”, “up”, “da”, “bird”, “da”, “ball”, “da”, “teeth”, “de”. He says “da?” with inflection when he wants to know “what’s that?” He says “dada” to Clint constantly. He only says “Ma” when he is mad at me. He says “Di” for Heidi. He is also learning body parts. He knows nose, and sometimes he knows hair, ear, eye, piggies, and belly button. This is a great age because he is starting to understand things, but doesn’t have the strong will of a toddler.

Overall we are pretty obsessed with the little one. Here are a few pictures. My digital camera broke so it is a little more challenging to get pictures on the computer. These are courtesy of grandpa.







2 comments:

Paul and Sabrina said...

I can't believe he is already one and walking!!

The Beene's said...

He is such a cutie! Hopefully we can meet up with you guys when we come to Oklahoma over Christmas. You are lucky you don't have a "strong will of a toddler" personality yet. Kaden is very hard headed and is constantly testing boundaries and throwing fits! ;)