So we made it back to Bartlesville in one piece. Clint started his first real job after 23 years of schooling. Fortunately he really likes it. It is great to be at home together as a family working on creating a somewhat normal life. The first weekend we needed some major marriage maintenance. We had been apart for 3 weeks and then had some not so nice moments in the mountains. So Clint and I dropped baby off at Grandma’s and planned a romantic getaway in Tulsa . We got a couple’s massage at a spa, a suite at the Ambassador hotel and ate dinner at the Polo Grill. It was Sawyer’s first night with a non-parent. I think he was ridiculously spoiled while we were getting ridiculously spoiled. So everyone was happy. But since then we went to the lake, spent a weekend in Stillwater , and started working out again (it has been 11 months for me ugh). One of the best things is Clint and I spend a lot more time together. We also work about 2 miles apart. We grab a picnic in the park a few times a week and have a real lunch date once a week. I know we are cheesy and here is my confession. We decided to try every restaurant in B’ville. Not that big of a challenge. So on our lunch date we have to try someplace new. We then rate the restaurant 1-5 french fries. If you ever need restaurant advice in the thriving metropolis of Bartlesville, OK come to us!
Sawyer is growing like the weeds in our front yard (I have to keep apologizing to the neighbors because we haven't gotten to it yet.) He is not walking yet, but he is very close. He also is into copying me. It is so cute. He is into everything. He can't do anything though without a wooden spoon in his hand. It is hilarious. On the somber note Heather left August 5th and we had to start day care. My heart rips into two every morning. He is right across the street from my office so I can check on him regularly throughout the day. I think I annoy his teachers, but it is worth it to me. He seems to be having fun. Everyone says it is the hardest on the mommy. We will see how long I make it . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment