Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Years 2010

We have a few New Years traditions in our house. I will describe this year’s execution.

1. Make a New Years motto. Last year was “Lighten Up” (we kind of failed at that one). Previous years have included “Live in the Moment”, “Simplify. Simplify. Simplify.”, and “Take Life to the Next Level”. This year is “It is better to be kind than right.” We want to prioritize having a peaceful, loving family this year.


2. Make a sandwich on New Years Eve. We love big, fat, delicious sandwiches. I made the Pioneer Woman’s Marlboro Man sandwich. Thumbs down. I didn’t like it at all. We had some friends over to enjoy our sandwiches with us. It was fun.




Crystal and Elise eating sandwiches. Yes the blue tape is still up. I had to get over myself and decided to have people over despite not being done with the kitchen. It is finished now. I will post pictures soon.

3. Go for a hike on New Year’s Day. We like to get out and start the year refreshed. It was a high of 27 degrees on New Year’s Day so we knew we couldn’t be out for too long. We went to a lake nearby and hiked around. It was beautiful, peaceful (I guess we were the only ones crazy enough to get out), fun.






Happy 2010!

No comments: