Now our cabin is about as remote as you can get in the Lower 48. It is at 11,000 feet, no electricity and running water comes form a stream. Paradise. It has a mountain view on three sides and no matter what window you look out of, there is not another sign of human life out there. The closest grocery store is 36 miles away and the nearest cell phone signal is 8 miles away, on a good day. Now I understand this is not for everyone, but it is for us Aicheles’.
Now if I am going to keep on bragging, Clint, Doug and the Blomquist crew did the most incredible job building the place. It is more beautiful than I could ever imagine. All the logs came from the surrounding forest. Clint cut them down and peeled them all himself (with some help of course). Clint and I got to plan everything out. It is also important to remember that every bit of supplies has to be carried up a 2 mile, precarious, four wheel drive road (if you can even call it a road).
Here are some pictures of the cabin. We have a lot of work to do. It is a lifelong project.
This is the view from the upstairs loft (master bedroom). It is a shot of the continental divide.

2 comments:
It is absolutely beautiful Melanie! You are right though...not for everyone. I could handle just about everything but the bathroom situation :) I'm impressed that you, pregnant mama, were able to spend 10 days out there with just a hole in the ground!
It is breath taking!! You guys are going to make so many great memories there!
Post a Comment