Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Beau - One Month


Remember when I said Beau didn’t move much in my tummy.  Well that is because this boy is a sleeper.  He is still sleeping most of the day.  But the problem with the boy is getting him to sleep.  He starts getting sleepy and then gets upset (aka - screams bloody murder).  He will continue to scream unless you walk him, holding him in a specific position, in a dark room, and then he will just look at you for a very long time . . .  His Dad still has not figured out how to calm him down.
He smiles a lot though already at one month.  He also only really cares for his mommy.  He has a very short fuse if someone else is holding him.  And when he is upset, the entire neighborhood knows it.  I should have known when the doctor, who has delivered thousands of babies, commented on how loud and long he screamed at birth.  But like I said, once he is back in his mommy’s arms (or the car seat) he is just fine. 
I never co-slept with Sawyer, but Beau does spend part of the night in our bed.  I love it.  I also just think he is the most beautiful little creature I have ever seen.  I know it is just the mommy goggles.  The boy has rolls.  So cute.
Sawyer has adjusted fully.  He is a great big brother, and always lets me know when Bebo is upset.  Because Beau is pretty much a full time job, Clint and Sawyer have become inseparable.  











3 comments:

The Schumachers said...

Melanie-
I LOVE your boys!! You make mother-hood seem fun & exciting even though I know it wears on you when things get hard.
I can't wait to spend more time with yall!

Anna said...

Beautiful pictures and what a sweet baby boy! William didn't move much in my tummy either and is a great sleeper...this other one, however is quite the mover and I'm getting worried he/she is going to be a horrible sleeper and not near as calm as William. I miss you guys and hope to catch up soon!

The Beene's said...

Beau is so precious!! Keep the pictures coming, we love looking at them!! :)