Sunday, February 3, 2013

Christmas 2012 Part 2

Christmas Eve began with a picnic at the farm.  We got Grammy and Grandpa a picnic table for their Christmas present.  We painted it OSU orange and then wanted to surprise them with the table and a fire ring.  We also bought rocks to make a nice fire ring.  The present turned out great and has gotten a lot of use, by us at least. 




We made a card for Grammy and Grandpa with these pictures.  The spot is the perfect picnic spot and it looks like a state park out there.


After naps we went to Grammy and Grandpa's house for a Christmas Eve party.  We had the traditional hors d'oeuvres and Clint and I brought lobster bisque.  The big boys had a hysterical time playing Jenga.  It may have actually been the Kenny's that were making the game so hysterical.

We came home after our party and each boy got to open a present from under the tree.  Each boy had a nativity book to read before bed.  Next was cookies and carrots for Santa.  The second the boys left the room Heidi ate all the cookies. Sorry Santa. 



Christmas morning we all slept in until 9:00 am.  I couldn't believe it.  When we did wake up, Clint and I found this sitting outside the kitchen window.  Uncle A left us a little Christmas morning treat for our coffee.


Beau woke up with the crud Christmas morning.  We opened gifts and played for a while.  We had a nice Christmas breakfast with breakfast casserole and cinnamon rolls.  We then opened more gifts and played some more. 













I was extremely large by this point so I just spent the morning sitting in the rocking chair in my pajamas (which I later busted the elastic on, eww).  I was even too "heavy with child" to get up to take pictures.  I kept thinking, "How did Mary ride for days on a donkey like this?"  Pretty sure I would have killed Joseph.  Once again, Clint spoiled me with my Christmas gifts.  He gives the most thoughtful gifts like a gym membership.  Oh wait that may have been a hint.  But I also got a beautiful painting, matching love mugs for us, a cooking class gift certificate (hope that wasn't a hint too), and a few other things.


We were suppose to go to Grammy and Grandpa's for dinner, but Beau was feeling too bad by this point.  So Grammy, Grandpa, and Uncle A brought the party to our house.  And boy did they bring a party.  They are so thoughtful and generous!





On the 26th, Meme and Kimbo came to help get ready for the baby.  It was great to have them here for 2 days to hang out, cook, clean, and organize.  Clint and I have the best parents! Uncle A also bought more nerf guns (the boys got some in their stocking) and the rest of the week was spent having nerf gun wars.  We finally put our huge front room to use.

No comments: