We had a great time this Christmas. Thanksgiving was early, so we had extra Christmas celebration time. We tried to do everything we could to celebrate Christmas. Christmas ends up being a pretty big deal in the Aichele household. I call Clint a Christmas elf. He loves it and gets soooo excited. He also starts more "traditions" every year than I could ever keep up with. Clint was a little disappointed with me this year, because I did not have the energy to do a whole lot of cooking thus breaking a few of his "traditions." They kill me folks.
We had our traditional trip to Arkansas for the Mimi and Kimbo extravaganza at Toys R Us. Sawyer and Beau loved playing with their cousins.
I was hugely pregnant the entire month of December. I mean huge. Like embarassingly large. So I was slow and tired. We did bake and decorate some cookies. Sawyer and Beau were mostly interested.
We actually got a TV. It is a man sized TV for the man cave. We debated it for a while, but decided that we loved watching Christmas movies, so we might as well get it as our Christmas family gift. We bought it off of Amazon the Sunday before Black Friday. They were having a huge Black Friday early TV deal. We did make some great family memories watching movies together in the man cave.
We also spent a lot of time reading Christmas books and singing carols by the tree and fireplace. I know it sounds so cheezy, but the boys were obsessed with singing Christmas carols. They preferred the older, traditional ones. Clint and I are horrible horrible singers, but they would just cuddle and listen forever.
Sawyer had yet another party at school. He really wanted Clint to come to his Christmas party. He was really excited to show Clint his classroom.
We had several parties the week before Christmas with Grammy, Grandpa, and Uncle A. It was a lot of fun not traveling the week of Christmas and just hanging out.
Our house is in such a temporary state, but we still put up all our Christmas decorations. Our tree is a 9' tree and our entire house has 8' ceilings. Cint and I fretted about this from the moment we bought the house, but fortunately we were able to squeeze the tree into the sunroom.
One of Clint's favorite childhood memories was of cutting down and decorating a cedar tree from the farm for Christmas. I have heard the stories so many times. Since we are living in the land of cedars once again, I thought we should carry on the tradition. One Sunday afternoon on a trip to the farm I made Clint grab a shovel. I had him dig up two baby cedar trees. When I got home I put them in our planters out front and decorated them. The Aichele cedar tradition is reborn!
I still love my cheezy Christmas photos. I had to keep the tradition up. Unfortunately I did not make it to Walmart or JCPenny's this year for their backdrops but I managed to capture a few.
The Kenny tradition continues. Clint once again drank so much crown and ginger ale (with maraschino cherries) over the month of December that he made himself sick.
No comments:
Post a Comment