Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Colorado (July 2 - July 13)

I am going to do another post later of pictures of the cabin. I don’t want to brag or anything, but it is the most beautiful place I have ever seen. Clint, Doug and the crew have done an amazing job. To be honest I am speechless.

Our week in Colorado was not the best week. I am just going to be honest for the sake of history. Here’s a little summary. I got to see Clint for the first time in 3 weeks – good/bad (I’ll explain later). I got to see my friend Kaitlin’s new house in Denver and eat dinner with her – great. Sawyer had his second cold ever which started the day we left – bad. Sawyer was cutting teeth – horrible. We went to Breckenridge – good. We went to some of our friend’s wedding – great! My husband was a workaholic on the cabin so I didn’t see him when we were up in the mountains—bad. He was grumpy because all he wanted to do was work – bad. The outhouse on the side of the mountain and a crawler was a little tricky to maneuver – bad. We didn’t have any emergency room visits – good. We did get in one great hike while we were up there – good. We blew a tire leaving town – bad. We didn’t blow the entire engine like last summer – good.

All in all it will be nice to get the cabin mostly built. Ok honestly it will never be done, but I have made it a requirement for my husband to have a better work/play balance when we are up there, but trying to tell Clint what to do is like trying to predict the weather in Oklahoma.




1 comment:

Paul and Sabrina said...

The cabin looks great!! Hope to see it some day. By the way, I like your new hair style (the bangs)!