So I am trying to catch up on the blog. Our life appears to get more complicated with every day. But back to the beginning of the summer . . . Through a series of unique circumstance (which I believe were ordained by God) I found out one of my high school friends, Andrew, lives here in Bartlesville . We haven’t talked since high school so it was great to get reunited. Andrew’s new girlfriend (they were set up via facebook) was planning on coming to Bartlesville to spend the summer getting to know each other better not using Skype. I included the note about their internet relationship because they are the two last people in the world who ever expected to meet someone that way. It makes their story even more cute. Heather is a kindergarten teacher in Midland and needed a job for the summer. It was perfect. She watched Sawyer all summer. She even lived with me while Clint was gone. Sawyer loved Heather and we will miss her greatly now that she is gone. But she and Andrew fell in love over the summer and hopefully she will be moving to Bartlesville next summer!I went to the lake and I spent a lot of time working on the house. Unfortunately we are still not decorating/painting/remodeling yet. We are still trying to get the house clean, deodorized, organized, spider free, . . . My parents spent a weekend busting their @#$% and we still have a way to go. But I will have to admit it felt a lot homier for Clint’s return.
But the highlight of the three weeks of being by myself was having lots of time with my baby. Sawyer and I really got to have good quality time together. He is such a love. Sawyer had not been talking at all (only the little aaahhh babies say) and the doctor was slightly concerned. On my birthday I was very grumpy. I was alone and Sawyer woke me up at 5:45 a.m. So I was getting ready in the morning feeling sorry for myself with a fussy baby. He crawled over to me, grabbed my leg, looked up at me with those big chocolate brown eyes, and said MaMa! Yes his first word ever was mama on my birthday. I couldn’t believe it. And it wasn’t babbling. He was calling me by my name. Now he says all kind of stuff. His favorite word right now is Dada and Heidi. Unfortunately I am no longer MaMa, but MMMMM. So that made my birthday, actually my year. It was extra redeemed by the fact that some of my favorite people in the world came to stay with me. Julie, Shepherd (one of the prettiest boys I have ever seen), and Ashley came to help me celebrate since Clint was gone.



1 comment:
Sawyer is growing so fast! I can't believe he is almost one!!!
Post a Comment