Monday, December 5, 2011

Heidi - 5th Adoption Birthday

On October 20th we celebrated Heidi's 5th adoption birthday.  That puts her at about 6 years old.  Oh Heidi, how you drive me crazy.  Heidi is a great dog.  She is awesome with the kids, lets them pull all over her.  She loves her boys too.  She spends a lot of time just hanging out with them and constantly trying to sneak in bed with Sawyer.  She is a very easy dog too.  She sleeps about 23 hours a day, cleans Beau's high chair and floor after every meal, and generally stays out of the way.  That being said she always shows up right in my way when I am at my wits ends.  I don't how she times it so perfectly, but it drives me crazy.



Sweet Heidi has had some health problems this year.  She has an eye that stays inflamed.  We had to see the specialist from Oklahoma City.  They want me to put 9 different drops in it a day.  Each timed at least five minutes apart.  Are you kidding me?  Also she got really sick one night when Clint was out of town.  It was the middle of a Friday night, I had two sleeping kids, a dog I thought was dying, and I was all alone.  I made it to the emergency clinic first thing in the morning.  She got medicine, got better, then I got sick.  Clint's not allowed to leave town anymore.

Heidi we love you.

No comments: