Friday, February 24, 2012

Christmas 2011 - Part 1


The Christmas season was great this year.  Sawyer was old enough to really get into everything.  Also both boys were going through such a happy fun stage.  Beau was excited to be walking.  Sawyer was just excited about everything because he is a three year old boy.  We loved it.


Ellie came for a special visit, and she and Sawyer made a gingerbread house.  They also spent an entire day making Christmas craft projects.


The boys won't sit still for anything, but I still attempted to get a picture in front of the tree.


I kind of combined the advent calender with the Jesse tree.  I had little treats in bags on the garland with the Jesse Tree ornament.  We talked about the ornament then hung it back up on the garland.  Sawyer was very diligent about not letting me forget.  Also we acted out the nativity story a lot with the Veggie Tales nativity.  We also have a collection of Christmas stories and movies we watch everynight in the month of December.  Clint is the driver of that.  He is obsessed with all things Christmas.  I am obsessed with cheesy Christmas pictures from JC Pennys or Walmart. I have quite the collection going.

 



I am not the best at Christmas decorations, but like I said Clint is obsessed with Christmas decorations.  I always give it my best shot.


We got to see Santa Claus at Woolaroc.  It is always great because there is never a line. Sawyer was super excited, walked up to Santa, told him he wanted a bike, then left.  Very short and to the point. 




I can't remember all of the Chistmas activities we did, but it sure seamed like a busy month.  We did quite a bit of baking.  I decided though that I was just going to have a cookie decorating party for myself.  And I did and it was a blast.  There are some things little boys (and big boys) don't appreciate. 

No comments: