Tuesday, June 8, 2010

More exciting news!

So we have more changes going on in out lives. Namely, I quit my job. There are several reasons I quit my job. We have been talking, thinking, praying about this a long time. See the list below:

1. Sawyer was really struggling in daycare. He is so sensitive and calm.
2. I did not enjoy my job enough to consider hiring a nanny.
3. As Clint says everyday “Our child is too brilliant to chew on plastic all day.”
4. Clint needs the opportunity to really get his career jump started by working more than just 8.5 hours/day (which was all he could with the 2 parent working daycare scenario).
5. We have always lived off of one salary (thanks grad school) so we wouldn’t have to make any living adjustments for me to quit.
6. I loved my old job and want to be an engineer and it didn’t seem like an option in Bartlesville. Eventually I will start looking for an engineering job in Tulsa part-time.
7. My VP doesn’t allow personal leave or part-time so I would have to put baby #2 in daycare or with a nanny way too early. (We were able to keep Sawyer out of daycare until he was a year old).
8. So if I was going to have to quit in November why not enjoy some time with Sawyer (and work on my tan). – Here’s where the reasons start getting shallow.
9. I would like to get my house remodeled before I get too fat with baby #2.
10. I don’t want to get too fat so I want more time to work out.
11. Clint would like to find time to go to the gym and get in better shape, but as with reason #4 he hasn’t had time. (I have been going to the gym over lunch. It will be sad to give that up.)
12. We really do feel like Sawyer is bright and want to provide him with a good foundation.
13. I love summer and want to play outside.
14. I want to make friends.
15. I don’t want my weekends to be stressed running errands getting ready for the week.
16. I want more quality time with my husband.
17. I want to have more time to spend in prayer. I am afraid I am going to really need it with my new career choice.
18. And lastly I have always dreamed of being a trophy wife. But that takes a lot of work.

Now there are some challenges. I am not the stay-at-home-mom type. I know for a fact that working is easier than staying at home. I need large quantities of social interaction. I do plan on finding part time work ASAP. I can’t drink because I am pregnant. My husband expects me to make his breakfast now. Ha! Speaking of husband he has no idea of how much attention he will now have to give me. We don’t have TV (and don’t plan on getting it) so I will be at home with a toddler without TV. I really do plan on completely remodeling the house, while pregnant, with a toddler running around (we have only gotten one room done in the past year – but we are close to finishing two more). I might qualify for an HGTV show. So there you have it. My blog may go downhill as I will be probably posting more about my super exciting life.

But since most people don't read this, but look at the pictures so here you go. Sawyer wants to be just like Daddy, in everything. If he hears Daddy mowing the lawn he has to break out his mini lawn mower. So cute.






2 comments:

Anna said...

You will LOVE staying home! You will stay busy enough to not get bored and you won't even notice there is no tv. You should look for story time at the library or a kindermusik or music and me class nearby. I have a great blog that I follow called Children's Learning Activities. There are lots of great ideas of stuff to do with your little one! http://learningdevelopmentactivities.blogspot.com
Plus that will free up some time in the summers to come down and visit me and spend some time out at camp! We need to get our names on the directors list. I love reading your blog so keep it up! I can't wait to see your projects going on at home. Be sure to post your progress! We need to catch up soon! Do you SKYPE?

Paul and Sabrina said...

I so wished we lived in the same city! Staying at home is great!!