Sunday, December 29, 2013

Happy Everything to Clint

Clint's birthday and Father's Day were the same day this year (I felt like I won the lottery). Clint always insists on a whole week of celebrating, but this year was fairly low key.  He of course had his list of demands, but it was all just nit-picky things, nothing major.  He spent hours obsessing over his birthday cake that I had to make him.  It was well, interesting.  We went to the lake with the Faughts for the weekend.  It was a perfect lake weekend.  We came back to Stillwater to have a Father's Day/Birthday dinner at Clint's parents house.  It was a great weekend.





















I am not exagerating when I say that Clint is the most amazing father.  He has worked so hard to create an opportunity for our family where he can be with our sons as much as possible.  Our children have no idea that he has a ridiculously demanding job right now.  Clint works into the wee hours of the night so that he is home with them at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and in the evening to play.  And he does all this so he can someday be a tenured professor who has plenty of family time.  He loves our children, does as much parenting as I do, if not more, teaches our children, talks to them about Jesus, laughs, crafts, colors, goes on adventures, and so much more (he doesn't do much disciplining though.  I guess that's where I come in which is a joke.  We are in so much trouble).  He puts our family above everything, even his own interests. I am constantly overwhelmed by the love this man is capable of.  All of our children have been crazy about this manly, loving, tender, kind, fun, funny cuddler from day one.  In fact Clint would have an overly full quiver if it was up to him.





No comments: