We then took the boys to Kiddie Park. We ran into a lot of old friends at Kiddie Park. They had fun, but were stoic and we didn't know what to think. Sawyer finally mastered the bumper cars. We were so proud he could hit other kids. But then the real party began, the hotel room. Our kids love love love hotel rooms. We of course had the obligatory dance party and late night cartoon watching.
The next morning we headed to our friends Kat and Fred's for a delicious breakfast. We had a great visit and then headed to "our park" next door to our old house. It was funny, but it didn't really make me sad to see our old house. I guess I had moved on. We hear the new home owners who have small children, think of us as the hippies who grew their own food. Well I did notice when I was totally spying that they were NOT using our garden. After playing at the park we decided to walk Pathfinder. Clint was dealing with an exhausted two year old, so Sawyer and I were walking ahead. A family rode past on bicycles. The dad road back by and shouted my name. It was Clint's old boss (also my old boss from when I was an intern). Clint had just said he hoped to see Randy and there he was on Pathfinder! After our visit with Randy we went to the Bartlesville Water Park. This was another place that had special memories. Of course back in the day we went after Clint got off work in the middle of the week. This particular time was kind of a disaster because it was so crowded on a hot Saturday. We had to wait for people to leave to get in and the boys were exhausted (but they did enjoy a Lot-A-Burger while waiting and I enjoyed the tatoos). After an hour of swimming we headed back to Stillwater.
Bartlesville will always hold so many great memories for Clint and I and there were so many things we loved about the town, but it just isn't home for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment