Thursday, September 18, 2008

Week 4 - Hunker Down (9/9-9/15)

This was a big week for our little guy. He discovered his lungs (started to cry). Also he decided he prefers to be held at all times. Sometimes it is obnoxious, but most of the time I love the love. Thank God for the baby sling and the baby bjorn. Also I realized this week I can’t hold him with one hand anymore. He really is getting to be a big chunk. But the climax of the week was Hurricane Ike. Clint and I didn’t want to evacuate with a baby and a dog so we decided to ride it out. We only lost electricity for 18 hours and had very little damage to our property. The storm was 12 hours of blowing winds and about 2 hours of that was roaring. Sawyer had no idea what was going on. Heidi weathered the storm well too. As you know South East Texas was hit pretty hard so we were very fortunate.


Little “J” (Clint’s recent name for the little guy) and Clint trying to stay cool without electricity.


Clint is cleaning up the damage left by the storm.


Look at the chub on his face.

1 comment: