Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Week 5 (9/16-9/22)


The current state of Houston is similar to the financial markets, total chaos, but things are starting to calm down. It has been a quiet week around the Aichele house, not necessarily a quiet week for my family back in Arkansas. My nephew and Sawyer’s best friend arrived into the world on September 19th, Sawyer’s due date. I have big plans for J.R. (Sawyer) and J.D. (Jackson David) to have lots of fun adventures together. Like anything pertaining to my family it was not a smooth process getting Jackson here, but he and mom are both on the road to becoming healthy.

Clint and I are looking for a routine because we feel the last few months have been chaotic for us. Sawyer is a very easy baby, but he is trying to train us. His main goal is to get us to hold him while he sleeps. Obviously he wins a lot because he is so cute. This week he has been smiling at me when I make a total fool of myself. I can only get him to smile if I shake my hair in his face, punch his little fist against my face and make every goofy noise in the book all at the same time. It is worth it.

We got to go to church this week and to lunch afterwards. Because our church still had no electricity, we spent the service swatting giant mosquitoes. They are the size of birds right now (thanks Ike). I also attached a picture of Sawyer with his eyes open. He is getting more and more alert everyday.

No comments: