I worked right up until Friday while Clint was trying to get everything packed and things taken care of in Houston. I had to be at work the following Monday in Bartlesville and we had no where to live. We worked hard and got things packed up and the house cleaned up. We hadn’t sold our house yet, so we had everything moved into the garage until the movers could take care of it. Fortunately for when things get crazy God created a few small pleasures like Thai food, beer, pizza, and chocolate chip cookies. As an emotional eater I consumed a lot of those things during the moving process.
So we packed up Saturday afternoon and started our journey north. We officially made it one mile when my car broke down. It was 3:55 and the auto repair shop closed at 4:00. Fortunately they stayed late and gave us a quick fix. So at 5:00 we finally hit the road north. Oh and by the way did I mention that Sawyer got his first tooth this week? Yes moving with a teething baby.
We stayed the night in Downtown Dallas at the Westin. What have we been doing all these years at the La Quinta? We enjoyed Sunday morning taking a leisurely stroll through downtown Dallas, and a beautiful drive to Oklahoma.
Clint is leaving Texas.
No comments:
Post a Comment