Sunday, June 21, 2009

Oklahoma, May 18th-May 25th

We made it home – errr well not really, just to the extended stay. Clint and Sawyer spent the week driving around town, taking care of errands, and hanging out at the hotel. We ate most of our meals out and well let’s just say we haven’t found our “gem” of Bartlesville yet. I started work. My job is completely and totally different. I am not longer an engineer. I know sad. But I now get to work on the execution phase of rail road projects and truck projects at plants. Weird, I know. I work in a cube now, with no window. They have a TV and puzzles on my floor. There is only one other girl on my floor my age. There isn’t much money this year for rail road projects so things have been a little slow. Hopefully it will pick up.

We were supposed to close on our house this week, move in, do some repairs, then have the furniture arrive. Well the homeowners did not complete all the repairs they were suppose to, so we did not get to close. The way this house had gone it was not a big surprise. So we were still homeless.

Sawyer turned 9 months. At his 9 month appointment he weighed 24 lbs 2 oz and was 30 inches long. He is still in the 95 percentile.

We spent the weekend which was Memorial Day weekend crashing with our family. Julie had her baby! Shepherd was born Thursday, May 22. Julie had a beautiful delivery and her baby boy is perfect. She had been saying that she probably would have a funny looking baby (at least initially) but he is one of the prettiest things I have ever seen. In Arkansas, we got to see our new baby, I got my hair done, and hung out with family.

We then headed to Stillwater where Sawyer went fishing for the first time. He saw the fish and grabbed it right away.

No comments: