You can see out garden now. Isn’t that crazy? We overplanted just a little. Clint and I have been looking for “new” hobbies together since we moved to a new town and have a child. The things we used to do don’t really fly in Bartlesville (eating at fantastic restaurants, boozing, concerts, road trips, camping year round . . .) but we have really enjoyed gardening together.
We also have been working on laying down wood floors. It has been a tedious job and Clint has been doing great. I would like to confirm that his profanity count is dropping with every board laid. We plan to do pretty much the entire house. It will take us a long time to get it all done.
We took Sawyer on his first camping trip. He loved sleeping in the tent. I could hardly get him out. He also enjoyed eating a S’more. Our one and a half man tent is not conducive to three people, a dog, and blankies and pacies.
We enjoyed a birthday party for Sawyer’s cousin. Sawyer LOVES his cousins. He gets so excited when he gets to be with them.
We also did some fishing and canoeing. Sawyer loved both. Clint has been fishing a lot this spring and has been a good sport to take Sawyer and me along. Unfortunately Sawyer’s attention span for fishing is much longer than mine. He fishes like a pro. He will hold his rod as long as Clint sits there (for like over an hour!) Also he walks around looking for just the right spot. It is adorable.
We also had a great Memorial Day weekend. We went to the lake, to Arkansas, and to Stillwater. As you can tell we had a busy spring, but we also had a lot of fun. This Aichele crew isn’t happy unless we are outside playing. We definitely have been happy this spring.
2 comments:
Yay for an update! Sawyer is getting so big. I've always wanted to try those raised gardens. Maybe next year.
I get so excited when you update the blog! I miss you so much and think about you guys often...especially now that camp has started. Some days I wish we could go back and be comanches again! One of these days we need to get our families together.
Post a Comment