I have been wanting to do a post comparing my newborn experiences of my two boys. This is mainly for future reference. It is probably painful to read unless you are their mama. I recommend just looking at the pictures. I have had a blast raising both these boys so far.
 |
| Sawyer Philip Aichele | |
 |
| Beau Rockland Aichele |
Pregnancy
Pretty much exactly the same, but I got a lot bigger with Beau and went almost a month longer.
 |
| Angel |
 |
| Sweet Beau |
Delivery
Sawyer was a nightmare. Beau was as easy as it could be. Sawyer's recovery was very hard for me, but Beau was nothing.
 |
| Buckskin |
 |
| CheeseBeauger |
Sleeping
Both have been great sleepers. I never co-slept with Sawyer, but Beau spent a lot of time in our bed the first few weeks. Beau started sleeping through the night at 7.5 weeks, Sawyer was 9 weeks. Sawyer moved to his own room at 10 weeks, Beau was 12 weeks (mainly because he shares a room with Sawyer). Both boys as little babies ate their first meal of the day at 6:00ish, then back to sleep until 9:00 am. Beau wants bedtime at 7:30 pm, Sawyer went to bed at 9:00. Sawyer was always a great little napper. Beau does not nap on the run. He also likes a couple of short naps throughout the day. A couple of days a week he will sleep all afternoon though.
 |
| Bub |
 |
| Bebo |
Eating
Both babies ate well. Sawyer started on bottles so he could always take one. I have a love/hate relationship with the pump after being a working mom. With Beau I have avoided pumping so Beau doesn't really get a bottle. He has had a few and takes them ok. So far I have no regrets about not giving Beau a bottle.
 |
| J.R. |
 |
| Bebo |
Bodily Fluids
Sawyer never ever spit up. Beau spits up at least once between every meal. Most days more. There are burp clothes everywhere in our house now. Sawyer rarely drooled. Beau drools. Sawyer pooped daily (he did take prune juice though), Beau only poops once or twice a week. It is wonderful. Sawyer never had stinky gas. Beau, well that is a different story.
 |
| Big Boy |
|
 |
| Baby |
Physical Appearance
Sawyer was born with black eyes. They turned brown around his first birthday. Beau had gray blue eyes that are turning brown. Sawyer had darker hair than Beau and darker skin. They both had baby acne, but Sawyer's was a lot worse. Sawyer had really long fingers, Beau has the shortest cutest fingers, but really really wide hands. They both had big feet.
 |
| Big Brother |
 |
| Baby Brother |
Personality
Sawyer was very stoic as a young infant. Probably due to his iron issues and premature. He rarely made eye contact and didn't start smiling regularly until later. Beau is the opposite. He smiled from day one. He wants constant eye contact and interaction. He has always been very alert and into people.
 |
| S.P.A. |
 |
| B.R.A. |
Parenting
Clint was more involved with Sawyer as a newborn since he was at home with Sawyer. I let Beau cry a little more than I did Sawyer, but most of the time my hands are full. Beau actually spends most days in his pajamas. He hates clothes so I try to avoid putting anything tight on him, especially his tummy. I always tried to have Sawyer dressed cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment