Thursday, June 7, 2012

April 2012

Spring in Oklahoma is always beautiful.  For a month or two everything is very very green.  With these three boys in my life, we pretty much live outside if we can. 




On this particular bike ride, Sawyer crashed into a giant puddle.   Because we had such a warm winter, the bugs have been insane.  Pathfinder is a great place to sample the Oklahoma wild life.  Beau likes to try to hug every bug he sees.



This is Beau eating a snack of Nutella and strawberries.   This child has no shame when it comes to food.  You better believe there was not a drop left on his plate.  I guess he didn't realize he was wearing most of it. 


We spent a Saturday morning at Woolaroc and the mountain man camp.  We all love going out there.


We left one raised bed empty this year and it has been the best sand box for the boys.  They have now decided that it is more fun to play in the mud than anything else.

My compulsive reading started when I was seven.  I was slow to learn to read and the summer after second grade got mono from my older sister (who did in fact get it from kissing boys).  I was laying in bed one day and grabbed the book closest to me.  It was Little House on the Prairie.  In a matter of a few short weeks I went from never reading to completing the entire series.  These books shaped me so of course I had to go visit the Ingall's "little house on the prairie" only 30 minutes north of Bartlesville.  Clint was absolutely fascinated by Charles Ingall's pioneering spirit and is actually reading the book now!  We both loved visiting the place. My favorite part was seeing all the 7 and 8 year old little girls dressed up in their gingham and bonnets running around.  They were living my childhood dream. 






No comments: