Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Star Student

Sawyer was Star Student at school in May.  We were so proud of him (although he was the last student to receive the award).  He loved the affirmation.  He has had a great year at school.  His teachers, Ms. Jo and Ms. Valerie was wonderful.  He started the school year very shy and typically a wall flower.  By the end of the year he had totally come out of his shell. 

His speech was delayed enough that he qualified for free speech through the school district.  Not something to be proud of, but I am so proud of the leaps and bounds he made at speech.  His teacher Ms. Joy was excellent and he loved her.  Initially she said he would probably need weekly speech until he was eight, but by the end of the year he was doing so well she is recommending just once a month maintenance sessions.  He tried so hard and totally nailed it.

This guy has a passion for learning that is amazing.  The down side is he asks more questions than I could ever fathom.  I know this is part of the age and stage, but he is pretty obsessive with his question asking.  He knows all his letters and can write them all.  He can even spell several words and is starting to sound out words.  He is still obsessed with books but his heart belongs to cartoons.  This is a challenge in our house considering he is the offspring of the man who hates TV.

He is extremely obedient, rule conscious, kind and considerate.  He is extremely patient with his brother.  He is the best companion during the day and we have so much fun together.  He is still whiny, but he is really trying hard to work on it because "he is going to be four soon."  Sawyer continues to bless us daily and challenges us to be better people.

Our daily challenge though is getting dressed.  He will only wear OSU orange, red or blue (because those are Spiderman's colors).  He has three outfit that don't match whatsoever that he wears daily.  Each consist of a pair of basketball shorts and a long sleeves shirt that is more like a three quarter length sleeve shirt because his arms are so long.  I have tried everything, but if I interfere in his dressing my angel turns into a demon.  This is an area where I have had to swallow my pride and move on. 







After his awards ceremony we had a picnic in the park with daddy, then the boys and I got Cherry Berry. 

No comments: