I always dread February. This year I had myself mentally prepped to deal with SAD (ok, I don't really have it, but someday I want to use SAD as an excuse to spend February on the beach) and we had the most fantastic weather. It was beautiful and warm with only a small snow storm. We were able to play outside everyday! I guess this means job security for my husband (some of his research involves climate change).
Sawyer is finally enjoying his blocks. I am pretty sure though this tower was the work of Sawyer and his daddy.
Clint and I love going to the Tall Grass Prairie in Pawhuska. Clint has been reading up on the dust bowl and it is amazing to see a small stretch reminiscent of what America looked like originally.
We love little day trips. I think this is why. The boys both sleep well in the car and we can drink our Starbucks in peace. Beau moved into forward facing car seat around this time. He was too rotund to fit in the rear facing seat with any layers on. One day it was just him and me running errands. I put him in Sawyer's car seat so I wouldn't have to strip him down. Big mistake. He refused to ride backwards after that.
Clint plans awesome theme nights for us. This was Treasure Island night. It involved getting the book and explaining the story to Sawyer, eating at Long John Silvers, and watching the movie. We hadn't eaten at Long John Silvers since we were kids. Amazingly the place was packed. Sawyer was so excited in the picture he wouldn't stand still.
Notice Clint has on his Hawaiian shirt.
We also made a little trip to the Gilcrease Museum to see the Woody Guthrie exhibit with some friends. We have been really into American history and Oklahoma history this year and this fit right in. Sawyer brought his "special friend", Tiger, to the museum with us. He left it. We were on the other side of town when we realized we didn't have him on us. We had to turn around, and search the museum until we found him. After that I told Sawyer he is only allowed to bring Huggie places (his imaginary friend - he never gets lost).
Snack time at the park. These guys really have fun together and get along great. I am so blessed.
Sawyer is a little genius when it comes to these shapes. We all enjoy doing them, but it just clicks for him.
Our only little snowstorm. That was fine with me.
One thing that amazed me and still does as a momma is how my heart flips every single time I see one of my sleeping babies.
Sawyer is still Clint's little buckskin and my angel.
Now this guy had his 18 month appointment this month. He was 32 2/4" (90%) and 28 lb 9 oz (90%). He is such a fun fun person.



No comments:
Post a Comment