Sunday, June 24, 2012

May 2012

May was a very busy, but fun month.  Mother's Day was very simple this year.  Unfortunately all I wanted was a picture of me with my boys.  They both refused to cooperate.  In fact they were such stinkers about it that I lost my temper and put them both in time out.  Lovely.  After that the boys were quickly put down for a nap and Clint and I had a nice long relaxing lunch.  He had made the most delicious quiche for me. 


We ended Mother's Day weekend with a hike.  Unfortunately after nap they were still stinkers so I was stuck carrying my 40 lb baby.


We kept the garden small this year.  We had strawberries, asparagus, lettuce, spinach, snow peas, collards, and a bunch of herbs.  We left one bed completely empty which ended up being the boys favorite place to play.




Clint and I love the Tall Grass Prairie outside of Pawhuska.  We both feel like it is so relaxing and fresh.  We had a picnic out there one afternoon.  We just love it.







The boys and I spent a morning at the Tulsa Zoo.  They both had such a good time.  We sure did miss dad though.





Both my boys love bugs and going on bug hunts.  I just love how they always have to be touching each other.  So sweet.



The park, just a short walk from the house, had tons of blackberries.  We went twice to pick them and made several delicious blackberry cobblers.


At the same park we were able to feed the extremely aggressive geese.  I think it traumatized my boys.


We finally got around to having our annual fried chicken picnic.  Always a favorite around our house.  It's was delicious, but probably a good thing we only do it once a year.



We brought home even more of Clint's old TMNT's from when he was young.  These boys have had some much fun with them.


We also had Sawyer's end of the year presentation at school.  He loves music and sings for us all the time.  He was a little shy at the show, but Beau made up for it by "cuttin' a rug" the entire time.



1 comment:

Anna said...

Love it! My kiddos refused a picture with me at the beach and I was so upset about it I yelled at all of them...including Ryan, cause it was his fault for not taking any pictures of me the whole trip! I went out to camp for the first time in two years! Haley hogan is back in Birmingham. I had not seen her in 12 years!! Anyway, we met up and rode out for the 90th anniversary of Grail. Miss you friend!