Sunday, January 6, 2013

November 2012


November was a great month.  We even had a few "normal" weeks in there and the weather was excellent all month long (especially for a pregnant lady who was sick of being hot).  The month started with Grandpa's 70th birthday.  Uncle A drove into town to suprise Grandpa.  Clint and Sawyer took Grandpa to Shortcakes the morning of his birthday and Uncle A showed up.  The boys had a great breakfast.




Kathy and Doug had planned a date night for Grandpa's birthday, but I guessed they'd like to have an extra family party when they found out Adam was in town.  So I went ahead and prepared a birthday meal for everyone.  The weather was so nice we spent the evening eating outside around the fire pit.


The Jeager was once again broken out.  You would think these children were getting too old for that.



Sawyer took this picture of Beau.  It recieved a lot of laughs and jokes on Beau's behalf.  Good thing he is too young to figure it out.



I left town after the party to spend some time with my mom.  She and my dad were home for a short visit before returning to Europe to finish up treatments.


Sawyer and Beau had a school fundraiser and Thanksgiving sing-a-long.  Beau did not go up on stage to sing.




Sawyer also had a Thanksgiving party at school.  I signed up to read the stories.  Sawyer helped me out by using our Thanksgiving puppet to enhance my story-telling.  He got a lot of laughs.  Clint's favorite all time children's book is Cranberry Thanksgiving by Harry and Wende Devlin.  They finally reprinted it this year (so it wasn't like $80 for a used copy).  I ordered a copy and it arrived literally as I pulling out of the driveway to head to the party (I almost wrecked into the UPS truck).  I was able to read it to the kids and they loved it too!


We made bow and arrows in the back yard.  The boys had a great time with this project and Sawyer caught on so quickly.



Our friends, the Beenes came to Stillwater while visiting family for Thanksgiving.  We all met up at a wrestling match.  Anytime someone mentions OSU sporting events Beau still covers his ears and says "too loud".  I think the wrestling match was a little too much for the kids.


Clint took Sawyer hunting a few times.  They did not kill anything, but they saw a snake and a deer.  Sawyer loves any excuse to be out at the farm.



One of our many picnics.  We have picnics multiple days a week (one less time I have to clean up the kitchen).  We are enjoying ourselves at the botanical gardens on this particular day.


For another picnic I took the boys out to Lake McMurtry.  They are so happy and carefree when we are enjoying the great outdoors.  Sawyer was being super silly and dancing. 





Clint had bought tickets for a friend to attend the Texas Tech game.  The friends backed out so we had 3 tickets available.  Clint rode Beau up to campus to find a fourth ticket from someone selling it on the street corner.  They were gone all morning because I guess they were having so much fun (they found a ticket at a decent price pretty immediately.)





Another trip to the farm.  The boys like to go out there every chance we get.



No comments: