Now as precious and sweet as they are, they rarely like to be left alone. That means they follow me everywhere. Most of the time I enjoy the company, but I wish my bathroom did not constantly look like a tornado/playroom. They are always dragging things out when I get ready in the mornings. Also they must hang out with me in our super narrow laundry room. This mama is not super narrow right now therefore I can officially say I know what is means to be claustrophobic.
Our days consist of getting up about 7:30 and eating a hot breakfast. Once they are dressed they either play or watch a cartoon while I get dressed, clean up the kitchen, and sometimes pack a lunch. We are really strict on cartoon watching so they only get to watch it when mommy is desperate (which actually has been happening more often lately). I try to keep it to just a few episodes a week. Sawyer navigates the laptop like a pro and will pull up a cartoon on Netflix. I insist is must be educational so they mostly watch Curious George. They love Curious George. We then head out for our morning activity. I mentally prioritize my day into 1) How to burn little boy energy in the morning. and 2) How to burn little boy energy in the afternoon. Everything else is secondary. I am a strong believer that kids need an hour minimum of exercise a day.
After our morning activity we then have lunch and nap. Both boys still nap about 2-3 hours/day. Sawyer is my sleeper and still cannot function without a nap. We are a little concerned about how much sleep he requires, but I was the same way at that age. Our day quickly becomes nightmarish if he doesn't get a nap. Beau is a little more flexible. He is pretty easy going unless he is hungry.
After nap, we pick up for daddy then head outside to play. It mostly involves riding bikes, scooters, and four wheelers with the kids next door. We rarely leave the house in the afternoon.
We typically play outside until 30 minutes before dad arrives. This gives me a chance to throw them in the bath (unless I think they will want to play outside with dad) and get dinner going. When dad gets home it is wrestle time while I finish dinner. We eat, then play, then the boys go to bed at 8:00 p.m. My kiddos are pretty scheduled, but we love it. They do both attend school on Tuesday and Thursdays. Sawyer loves it, Beau tolerates it. Mommy needs the break.
Sawyer's love language is gifts. He also has a total servant's heart. He is very strong and athletic for his age, but not the best at throwing or catching a ball. He loves his brother. He also seems to be turning more into a momma's boy with age. That also means he takes out all his 4 year old angst on me. He can be unbelievably whiney. Like people don't believe me because most of the time he is so good. He never breaks a rule though and is a perfect angel at school. He knows all his letters and sounds. He can write all his letters and is starting to sound out and write words. He is also pretty good with numbers. He talks all the time now and is getting more independent everyday. He loves nature, books, cartoons, riding his bike, oatmeal, blueberries, pasta, school, hearing stories, being tickled, music, his bear, iron man costume and his buzz blankies.
Beau is our lover. His brother has never been a physical touch person, but Beau needs constant physical contact. He is so cuddly and funny. His personality is so charismatic and he fills all of our lives with sunshine. He calls us Mom and Dad (and has since he started talking) even though Sawyer calls us Mommy and Daddy as we also call ourselves. It makes me a little sad we missed the Mama to Mommy to Mom progression with him, but on the other hand it is stinkin' hilarious. His attitude can change in an instant. The good thing is if he is upset we know he will be happy again in mere seconds. He gives the "Beau brow" which is super intimidating, even for a 2 year old. He also is still the loudest crier I have ever heard. He really wants everyone to understand him. He is incredibly verbal for his age and talks often. He listens really well and for the most part is exceptionally rational for a two year old. You can just see his little brain processing as he decides to be naughty or not. He is so crazy about his Daddy. If Daddy is home, he pretty much cries if I do something for him. He only wants his Daddy then. When Daddy is gone though, all his love gets directed back to me. He loves his brother, his paci, his OSU blankie, eating any unhealthy food in large quantities, bubble baths, books, airplanes, doing whatever his brother is doing, singing, iron baby costume, going anywhere and four wheelers.

No comments:
Post a Comment