Sunday, January 6, 2013

Thanksgiving 2012

This Thanksgiving was quiet and calm.  My parents were still in Europe so we did not celebrate with my side of the family.  We had the Aichele side over for Thanksgiving dinner and I enjoyed playing hostess. 

We started the month with a Thankful tree.  This is the first morning.  Unfortunately I did not get a final picture, but our tree was full of leaves.  The boys love this tradition.  On a typical day Sawyer puts a toy of some sort on his leaf.  Beau just like to color his leaves.  Occasionally he would say "Sawyer" or "Shepherd". 


On Thanksgiving morning we went out for a hike at Lake McMurtry.  It was a beautiful morning and we had a great walk. 


The boys are hanging out on a rock that Clint and I liked to um err talk at when we were in college.



Our Thanksgiving table.  My family is too big for formal settings, so it was fun to decorate the table.  Clint and I included silly questions with the name card.


I sure did eat a lot.  Look at that gut.  Here's a picture from the end of the evening. 


All in all I had so much to be thankful for this year.  A healthy baby almost here, finally feeling at home in our new town, my mother's healing journey, the sweetest boys any parent could ask for, new friends,  a man who truly loves me, in-laws who are a joy to be around and treat me so well, God's love and grace even when I don't deserve it, and much more.  We are so blessed.

No comments: