Saturday, January 10, 2015

Sawyer's Snake

This is a completely true story.  One April afternoon, Sawyer was sitting on the toilet doing what he does every day at 11:00 when he comes home from school.  On this day though he calmly said "Mommy".  Now when the children say something in a quiet calm voice it is normally serious so I came running.  This is not to be confused with a screaming, or crying, or whining voice which most of the time can be ignored.  He was standing by the sink in the bathroom (separated from the toilet by a door) with his pants still down and calmly said, "There is snake in there."  I couldn't beleive my ears and made him repeat it several times.  I asked him where and he said while he was on the toilet it slithered under the rug.  I carefully lifted the rug and sure enough there was a baby snake there!  In the bathroom! I just was thinking, "where is the mama?"  Well I did what any good boy mom would do and grabbed the closest bug catcher and dustpan.  I scooped that baby up and handed it to my own baby.  I made Sawyer take the snake outside which was a good thing because he accidentally let it go after 2 minutes. Fortunately we saw no more snakes in the house and the kids continued to use the toilet.


No comments: