Thursday, February 19, 2015

Bye Bye Tacoma

 Unfortunately the Tacoma got totalled in Colorado.  It was a pretty aweful experience, but fortunately no one was injured.  We went into Gunnison to run some errands.  I dropped Clint off at ACE hardware and went to pick up lunch.  I stopped (normally) at a crosswalk in downtown Gunnison because there was a young boy and his father in the crosswalk (we were also right across the street from the police station).  A large dodge truck rear ended us.  I am pretty sure he was partaking of Colorado's new laws.  He wanted to get his truck ''to a buddy so he can start working on it'' before the cop was even done.  He asked several times.  It was weird because when all the reports were done, it took a tow truck to pull the two trucks apart.  The guy was even a older, reputable insurance salesman in town (I know that's a total oxymoron).  It was clearly his fault though and several witnesses gave testimonies so nothing was disputed.  His insurance covered it all thankfully because we had just pulled full coverage from the truck.

The whole situation was a nightmare dealing with insurance companies (they kept giving us a quote for the wrong model).  It was also a logistics nightmare to get back to Oklahoma.  We ended up staying at the cabin and extra 4 days.  But we made it and we finally got a new truck (but not until December).  It ended up being a blessing in disguise because a few weeks later we found out we would need six seats to get up the mountain (and Clint had special ordered a 6 seater truck.  I think he was being hopeful).




Beau was pretty shaken up over the whole thing (though you can't tell in this picture).  Sawyer and Paul acted fine.  It looks like Paul got pretty beat up, but that was from falling on rocks at the cabin.  I was pretty distressed.  Clint was still at ACE.  I had to page him in the store and he ran the mile down the highway to get to us.  That night we had planned on having the Jobes and the Blomquist at the cabin for game night.  We decided to go ahead and have them over, even though I was pretty shaken up.  It was a wonderful night full of jokes and laughter.  It was a great reminder that cars don't matter, but family, love, and friendship do.



No comments: