Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sawyer's 6th Birthday

Sawyer turned SIX this year!  I let him plan his birthday party.  He wanted a ninja party with a "bag of burgers" from Braums.  I let him invite whomever he wished and he had a surprisingly short list.  I was worried there wouldn't be many kids there and was tempted to sneak out a few more invitations, but I respected his wishes and it turned out to be the perfect amount of kids.  We played some ninja games, then had burgers, cake and opened presents.  It was a very enjoyable birthday party and the right amount of activity for this sweet six year old boy.











Sawyer's actual birthday was the first day of school.  It was a little crazy.  I got up really early to make him birthday waffles.  We then started the school routine.  Ugh.  I brought him donuts to share at snack time.  After school I let him pick an activity.  We went to the Wondertorium.  After the Wondertorium we met up with Daddy, Grammy and Grandpa at Joes.  After Joes we went home to eat a lemon cake, icecream, and open up presents.  Let's just say we were all exhausted.  It was a long day.






 The pictures below were taken on the last night that Sawyer would ever be five.  At six, Sawyer is still one of the most inquisitive people on the planet.  He never, ever stops asking questions.  The more tired he gets, the more questions he asks until he is mumbling questions without thinking.  It is actually halfway hilarious, halfway annoying.  He absolutely can not be excluded from adult conversation.  Whether I'm talking to Clint, on the phone, other mom's at playgroup, park, wherever, he has to be part of the conversation.  He also absolutely can not be excluded from the reading of a book.  If we are ever reading to his brothers he has to be a part of it.  He's like a moth to the light. 

He is soooo bright.  He loves to ride his bike, his scooter, play board games, legos, blocks, watch TV, read books, cook, dig in the dirt and craft.  He is a total homebody and often is heard saying ''Why do you make me leave the house.''  Beau brings him so much joy and laughter.  The two blend perfectly together (at this age).  He treats his younger brothers with so much love and kindness.  He still loves his blankies, and always has at least one stuffed animal in his bed.  He is a self proclaimed hoarder because he ''loves his treasures''.  His favorite food is burgers and he refuses to touch eggs or cheese.  He overall is a good, healthy eater.  He is sensitive, helpful, kind, conscientious and calm.  He can get grumpy and emotionally demanding of me, but he never acts out (just lots and lots of whining).  He is becoming more independent, but truly loves being with his family.  We have been so blessed by this brilliant, sweet companion.  He really is my companion because he rarely leaves my side and wants me to be talking to him all the time. 




No comments: