Most of August was blazing hot and I was not in the mood to deal with it. We started the remodeling work on the house. I attempted to start painting but it was not working out with my pregnancy and the heat. We just ended up paying someone. Best decision we had made in a long time. Hah! We also kept Summit twice during the month of August. He was a blast to have around and the boys loved him. He is such an easy baby. Clint worked like a madman. I installed an electric fence around our entire yard for Heidi and started ripping up landscaping. About halfway though the month Julie went into pre-term labor and was put on bed rest. I tried to make a trip to Arkansas every other week or so to help her out. But all in all we made the most of our last month of summer. Being surrounded by adorable little boys kept a smile on my face if not total laughing out loud.
This particular Sunday we visited a church. Beau started acting up so Clint took him into the hallway. While he was out there, something upset him and he started his wailing. I mean loud does not describe it. The pastor was wrapping up his sermon and started saying, "Cry out to Jesus, just like that little one . . ." Finally he was like, "Ok, someone go help that kid." I was not about to get up in front of everyone to go help Clint manage Beau (Clint is seriously a snake charmer with that baby, they were just having a rough day.) I thought surely church was almost over, but it went on for another 30 minutes! Clint was so mad at me, but I felt stuck there. Needless to say we haven't been back to visit.
A glimpse of life with three boys.
On one of the super hot days (I think 113 degrees), I took the boys to the Tulsa Air and Space Museum. They loved it and it was nice and cool inside.
We loved going to the botanical gardens. We would go first thing in the morning before it was too hot and walk around. My boys preferred going there over any of the parks in town.





No comments:
Post a Comment