Monday, December 31, 2012

First Day of School 2012

All three of my boys officially started school on August 21st.  Beau actually ended up sick that morning so he missed his first day, but Sawyer and Clint were ready to go.  Clint taught his first class that day.  Sawyer started 4 year old Pre-K just two days a week at the First United Methodist Church.  I was not ready to send him full time to Pre-K which is part of the public school curriculum in Oklahoma.  The decision is partly selfish and partly because I really think one more year of shaping his values and education is important.  Beau started attending the Mother's Day Out program at the same school during the same time.  That is purely selfish.  He doesn't get much out of it, mommy just needed time off this fall. 

The week before classes started for the boys, there was an orientation.  The boys got to spend 30 minutes in their classroom while I was oriented.  Well I was in the chapel and the entire time everyone could hear one child with incredibly powerful lungs wailing.  Even the director was making comments about how loud he was and how not to worry, the staff is so experienced it is nothing.  Ha!  They had never met Beau.  Yes, it was our beautiful, happy, ridiculously loud child wailing down the hall.  I was so torn, should he tough it out, or should I run to my baby.  I did indeed end up sneaking out a few minutes early.  But Beau has had wonderful teachers, Miss Barb and Miss Zenya, and by the second week he did not cry at all when I dropped him off.   Sawyer also has had great teachers and classmates and loves, loves, loves going to school.  His teachers are Miss Melanie and Miss Heidi. 


No comments: