Monday, December 31, 2012

July 2012

We spent most of the Fourth of July unpacking.  We took a break in the evening for a cookout at Grammy and Grandpa's.  These two boys love to swim and we had a great pool party.  We let the boys stay up to watch the fireworks.  We dragged lawn chairs into the very back of the yard and had a great view for the city display over Boomer Lake.  The boys loved the fireworks show.


Clint immediately started working long hours getting ready for the semester, writing grant proposals, building a lab, and working with his graduate students.  The boys and I spent the week and a half between moving and going to Colorado frantically unpacking our new house, then repacking for the cabin.  I don't know how I pulled it off, but I did.

When we returned from Colorado, Clint and I finally had a birthday date.  Being back in central Oklahoma, we had one destination in mind, Johnny's Burgers in Oklahoma City.  For our birthday presents we decided to get eachother good tennis shoes.  We went to Red Coyote Running where they watch your form and pick out a shoe for you.  It was fun and we were both happy with our shoes.  Next up was Johnny's.  We left stuffed.  On the way out of town we stopped in Arcadia to see Pops and pick up root beer for our babies back in Stillwater.  We ended the night with a movie. 




Sawyer photobombed our date night picture.  The rest of July we strived to establish a little normalcy.  The boys and I quickly developed a routine of going out in the morning then hanging around the house in the afternoon.  Our favorite activities were Grammy and Grandpa's pool, the library, the Wondertorium (children's museum), picnics with daddy, the botanical gardens, and Chick-fil-a.  People in Stillwater were immediately friendly and welcoming.  It made the transition much easier than expected.



No comments: