"A Year That's Fair and Bright"
Our quote this year was a little optimistic. We chose the children's form of Big Rock Candy Mountain (sung by Lisa Loeb) as our song of the year and one of the lines in the song is "A land that's fair and bright". So hence our theme of the year.
We woke up on New Year's day to a beautiful, fair and bright dusting of snow. It didn't stick around for long, but we were able to enjoy our coffee while looking at the scenic view. This is part of the view from my chair. The chair I live in, reading, rocking, sipping, cuddling . . . The boys and I have loved watching the birds all winter, bluebirds, blue jays, cardinals, hawks, owls, red-bellied woodpeckers, pileated woodpeckers, chickadees, sparrows, finches and many more. Clint and I used to make fun of birders, but now I am one. We also enjoy the tree top antics of the squirrels.
We made it on our annul hike this year. It was cold so we just enjoyed a quick walk at the farm. I made a traditional New Years dinner with ham, beans and greens with a nice '80s throwback Kahlua truffle for dessert. Grammy and Grandpa came for dinner and right after dinner our friend Josh Blomquist showed up. He stayed for two days and it was great to visit. It was around New Years though that I realized I had become not a nice person. I was getting super grouchy. Being huge was definitely wearing on me.


No comments:
Post a Comment