Monday, April 1, 2013

Paul Tiverton Aichele - Part One


We went to Tulsa on January 8th and stayed at the Doubletree across the street from the hospital.  My parents met us there with Shepherd and we had a little hotel party complete with toys, swimming, and a great dinner.  We slept surprisingly well, but my mom and Shepherd didn't have that experience in the room next door.

On January 9th, 2013 we had a calm morning.  My sister drove over from Tulsa.  Our surgery was scheduled for noon so Clint and I headed across the street to St. Francis.  Everything went smoothly.

Right on time I was wheeled into surgery.  Paul was quickly cut out and our shining white baby was perfect.  He was a beautiful 9 lbs 2 oz and 21.5" long.  Clint, being quite experienced at this point, stayed with Paul.  He had a very old, kind gentle nurse and she and Clint were very thorough with baby Paul.  My first impression of this sweet baby was that he looked nothing like his brothers.






I had a sinus infection and I remember not enjoying Beau's birth day, so I requested as much drugs as possible.  I always remember very vividly what the doctors were talking about during my 3 c-sections.  With Paul, the creepy anesthesiologist kept talking about Deliverance, The Shining and other horrible movies.  I finally snapped in the middle of my surgery and asked them to pick a different conversation topic.  I think my doctor, Dr. Nelson was relieved (he was getting annoyed also).  The subject was changed to sports which is what they talked about during Beau's delivery and seems appropriate for these boys.  I was pretty miserable during the surgery.  Looking back, I think I was having an anxiety attack.  I was wheeled into the recovery room and left there alone for a long time.  Clint was with Paul and my family was just getting to the hospital.  I was thankful for some time alone. 

Then the circus began.  Paul was brought to me about the time Sawyer, Beau, and my family arrived.  Paul nursed well immediately and snuggled in to go to sleep.  He stayed there for the next three days and nights, just snuggled into his mommy.  The details of the rest of the day were pretty blurry, like I said I took a lot of benadryl and pain relievers the first day. 








No comments: