Monday, January 13, 2014

Visit from the Aicheles

Clint's cousin, Justin, has been a missionary in Africa for the past 9 years with his family.  He and his wife, Veronica, actually got married right before Clint and I did.  They met in Kentucky, but at our wedding realized she was a college friend of my high school best friend (they went to college in Missouri).  Such a small world.  We love this family and are so inspired by them.  Their two children, Elianna and Alexander are the same age as Sawyer and Beau.  We had an awesome weekend together. 








A funny story about the weekend.  Last Christmas the boys got a beta fish to hang out in their bathroom.  His name was Blue Fish because obviously he was blue.  Now when we got Blue Fish I had no idea how much work he would be.  Between the feedings, bowl cleanings, cleaning up after the kids when they got into his food/water/whatever, and finding someone to watch him when we went out of town, it was more than I expected.  So I personally did not have the most positive feelings for Blue Fish.  Well Alex got a hold of a super small (smaller than pocket size) thing of hand sanitizer and gave Blue Fish a squirt.  The fish died instantly (after 8 months of surviving us).  He got a flush, but it really does make you think about what's in the hand sanitizer.

No comments: