Monday, March 30, 2015

Beau's Training Wheels

by Clint

On December 28, 2014, Beau taught himself how to ride his bike without training wheels. I removed Beau's training wheels then proceeded to put lights on their bikes while Beau was riding his scooter. Beau suddenly said, "Hey Dad, I can ride my bike!" I looked up, and sure enough, Beau was riding his bike without training wheels. He had picked up his bike and got started all by himself without my help. It was incredible, and it was so funny how he just thought it was no big deal. He could ride down the driveway, around the street, and he could even ride up the driveway with no help. I went in and got Sawyer and Mom so they could see him in action. It all happened just like we probably would have guessed. When Beau sets his mind to something, he can do it really well with minimal effort. He decided that he was going to ride his bike and he did it perfectly. He was perfectly natural. The next day, we took him to Boomer Lake so he could get more practice. Mom was a little worried that he might have trouble on the path with other runners and bikers. Fear not, Beau rode perfectly! He stopped for other people, handled the turns, and stopped when he needed to. We're so happy for Beau! We're so proud he could teach himself to ride a bike at 4 years and 1 month!  I will miss him on the back of the big bike, but we'll have plenty of bike rides together.


No comments: