Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Savannah Grace Taylor's Birth

I never had a vaginal delivery or even a real contraction for that matter, so Julie let me come be a part of Savannah's.  Savannah was getting induced on October 9th.  My mom was diagnosed with another tumor and was going to Europe to have it treated.  Julie's OB is my mother's.  He's been with my mom throughout her entire cancer journey.  He was kind enough to induce Savannah early so my mom could be there for her birth.

I made it to Siloam around 9:00 in the morning.   They had broken Julie's water around 7, but never gave her pitocin.  At 11:00 my mom, dad, and I decided to grab lunch because things were starting to pick up, but Julz was still doing great.  At 11:20 we got a call that baby was coming.  We ran back to the room, she pushed twice, and Savannah was here.  It was amazing and I watched it all.  And took pictures.  I don't thing Julie or the doctor appreciated me.  I do understand that this was not a typical deliver, but I'll pretend they are all so easy.

Savannah is gorgeous!



No comments: