Sunday, November 7, 2010

Boys Room

We got the boys room done just in time! Both boys will eventually be in the same room mainly because mom doesn't want to have to keep two bedrooms clean.  Bebo (translation from Sawyer language - baby brother) will be sleeping in Clint and my room at first.  But back to the incredible nursery, no thanks to me.  My older sister, Dana, who is a fantastic decorator and artist came to visit and told me we weren't going to sleep until the nursery was done.  And she was right.  We pretty much stayed up all night long, but she got it done.  She did it all.  

But first a little background.  I made the mistake of taking Clint fabric shopping with me.  He insisted on this super campy fabric and that his boys were having and outdoors nature theme.  My sister saw the fabric and freaked out, but she not only made it work, she made it fantastic (and she totally "shopped the house" for everything).  Just remember it is hard for pictures to do it justice.  I still need a few more accessories, but that is why there is Christmas.




What we did in the nursery:  scraped popcorn, textured and painted ceiling, painted walls, put up crown molding, painted furniture, made curtains, made crib skirt, painted and recovered rocker, made mobiles, and added shelving to organize closet.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Sooo cute! I am getting ready to start on William's "big boy" room and I am loving the "campy" theme! You did a great job. I can't wait to see the rest of the house. From what I have seen so far it is definitely a far cry from your DIY lamp shade you made at camp :)