| Everyone needs a break from all the hard work. |
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Crazy Home Remodel
I threatened Clint that whatever we didn't have finished in our home remodel by October 1st, I was going to hire someone to do. This did not include the master bedroom makeover, but everything else. Well we got to work. We pretty much worked on getting everything done 7 days a week from July 10 through, well we will never be done. But we did get the living areas "done" and the boys' room. We are so happy with how things have turned out.
Most of the rooms we have finished are still missing rugs and throw pillows. I will try to capture rooms as I get them "completely" done. I don't have before pictures, but just imagine it being pretty bad. In the dining room we pulled up shag carpet, laid wood floors, scraped popcorn, textured and painted the ceiling, painted the walls, replaced the light, made curtains, recovered chairs, and painted a craig's list hutch for our china. The dining room table was one of mine and Clint's projects when we first got married. We bought a raw wood table and finished it for the dining room. It took about 4 months because it was so humid each coat took about a week to completely dry. It is fun to think back on those simpler days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love it! It's so grown up looking :)
Post a Comment