Thursday, November 4, 2010

End of summer update

This post essentially wraps up our summer.  Ever since I quit my job in June we have been super busy.  Between traveling, having some quality family time, and the most time consuming remodeling the house, we have been busier than ever.  I will go through a few pictures from the end of our summer.

We have really enjoyed eating lunch as a family.  We try to get picnics as much as possible.  Clint still has glasses in this picture.  He got lasik at the beginning of September.  He had great results and no more glasses!
Sawyer loved the lake this summer.  It makes me happy because the lake is one of my favorite places to be.  He loves hanging out with his cousins, swimming, fishing and most importantly driving the boat.  Unfortunately he isn't smiling in this picture, but I promise he was on cloud nine.
Sawyer caught this "big fish" all by himself.  Well is put up a fight so Clint had to help reel it in.  It was bigger than anything his dad caught that day.  Sawyer went around for a couple of weeks telling everyone about his "big fish" even strangers.  And like a true fisherman his fish got bigger with every retelling.
My two peas in a pod.  These guys are always up to something.  I definitely have my hands full and I can imagine with a third boy it will only get crazier.  Notice Clint's tank tops.  This is a new trend for him.  I don't even think he has regular T-shirts left since he has cut all the sleeves off.  I guess it's an okie thing.
This is how I spent the months of July, August, and September.  I spent my days at home scraping popcorn, painting ceilings, and painting walls.  I worked until my pregnant back couldn't handle anymore.  It is slow going when you are trying to keep a two year old out of the mess.  When I was about 7.5 months along we had to hire someone to finish painting the last room.  But all and all I scraped and painted about 1500 square feet of out house, all while pregnant.

 

We really loved having a garden this summer.  We ate more okra (mostly fried) than I would have ever thought and loved every bit of it.  We are already looking forward to next summer's produce.  We had great okra and peppers, decent onions and garlic, tomatoes and zucchini for a short while, asparagus that will really come in next summer, and lots of fresh herbs. 
My sister, Julie, gave me the best birthday gift ever.  She got the first two years of our blog turned into a blog book.  We love having the book laying around.  I intend to keep up with post, probably shorter post, and have a book for every year of our life.  We have really enjoyed having photos and memories so easily captured.  Like I have said before this is the perfect alternative to a scrapbook or baby book for me

No comments: