Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sawyer Update



Sawyer has been doing great.  At his two year old appointment he was off the charts for height (37.5 inches) and in the 90th percentile for weight.  He can count to 10 and count objects as high as five.  He loves his ABC's right now, but it is still pretty hard to understand exactly what he is saying.  His speech always has been a little delayed, but he understands everything.  He talks constantly, but I think I am the only person who knows what he is saying.  He has already started memorizing his books so Clint and I are convinced he can read.  Ha!

We went through a phase where he was challenging authority, but it was over as quickly as it began (I am sure it will be back).  He is having a lot of anxiety right now as he anticipates change.  He is excited for Bebo to get here, but he is having a lot of stress about mommy leaving him for a few days.  Not what I need right now.  He won't let me leave his sight for even a second and clings constantly.  I  am looking forward to all four of us getting home together and establishing a new norm.

Sawyer still loves his paci and blankie.  He is very particular about what paci and blankie though.  He won't have anything to do with a blanket unless it was one his Meme made him.  Then he has a pecking order to those.  His favorite right now is the cloud blankie.  I have to pry it from his hands to wash it.

He still loves to read books, play with his tools, and help mommy.  He is a pro at riding his bike.  He is an absolute delight to hang out with all day and overall an easy, loving baby. 




No comments: