Grandpa retired from the Oklahoma State University Mathematics Department after 44 years! We had a big celebration. Uncle A came into town and brought a keg with him. The best part of the retirement party was the Dr. Donglas B. Aichele Lifetime Achievement Award put together by Dr. Clint Aichele.
Hanging out with Uncle A. Always a favorite pastime for the boys.
There was a lot of hanging out by the keg. In fact I didn't see much of Clint the week Adam was in town. What wasn't drunk at the retirement celebrations made its way to the cabin in July. Gross! There may have been some upset stomachs after drinking that. Fortunately Clint and I steered clear.
Clint made the "Dr. Donglas B. Aichele Lifetime Acheivement Award". The byline on Doug's last book was Donglas B. Aichele. It was a horribly funny printing error. Clint included the racquetball racquet, the "meter" stick, the sled dog and the paper crane. Sawyer actually folded the paper crane for the trophy.
Clint presented the award. I have to point out that after only one year of teaching, Clint has become an excellent public speaker. I am so proud!

No comments:
Post a Comment