Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Sawyer's Teeth

It was a typical dreary spring break week.  Sawyer was entertaining himself playing soccer in the front living room (a.k.a. indoor soccer field) while I was doing what I normally do, changing dirty diapers.  I heard a crash and some crying.  Serious, I am very hurt, crying.  I run in there and he was covered in blood.  It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out he tripped over the ball and landed face first.  I took a quick look and saw some very crooked teeth under all that blood (turned in 45 degrees).  I started making phone calls.  Beau in the mean time had a horrible ear infection and had an appointment already scheduled for the morning.  Our dentist was out of town.  Our neighbor and friend called and made arrangements for Sawyer to see the pediatric dentist who was suppose to be out of the office that day.  The dentist was so impressed with Sawyer's self control and restraint as they gave him multiple shots and removed the crooked teeth.  It made Clint cry at how well Sawyer handled himself.  The words, "Best kid we've ever seen" may have been used.  Clint took Sawyer to get a Braum's milkshake and hamburger after the teeth removal and he got to spend the rest of the afternoon watching movies.  He received a balloon bouquet from one of Clint's colleagues and Grammy and Grandpa showed up with all kinds of goodies in the evening.  Finally the tooth fairy made her grand delivery.  Losing your two front teeth at four is pretty bad.  I know from experience. I guess it is a legacy I have passed on.




No comments: