Sunday, September 22, 2013

Mother's Day

 Mother's day was the weekend of Ali's wedding.  I did get flowers leading up to Mother's Day.  We were in Siloam so we woke up and went for a walk.  The weather was gorgeous.  We had a family brunch at my parent's house on Mother's Day with all the relatives in for the wedding so I did get to spend some time with my own mother (even though it was crazy with everyone there and getting the food together.)  I did not get a picture with my mom though.  : (  After lunch we headed home.  I told Clint that I was not cooking so we picked up chips and salsa from a Mexican restaurant as we drove into town.  We had leftovers to go with our chips and salsa.




We planned a picnic with Clint's mom at the botanical garden to celebrate Mother's Day with her.  We had a great time eating KFC at the botanical gardens.  It was also perfect weather.





 Clint was gone most of May, the kids got sick, I was still dealing with some post-pardon blues and we just had a lot going on.  I was pretty run down, but I made it a personal goal to get a picture with each one of my boys using the camera timer.  It was fun but I do look pretty rough in all the pictures I took.  But hey, this is capturing this period of my life.








I had to throw this picture in here.  I guess Clint snapped this of me and my cuddle bug.  I absolutely love being a mother to my three boys.  My heart feels like it could burst most of the time with the joy of being with these adorable little men.  Mothering is the best part of my job.  The laundry, house projects, dishes, and errands I could do without, but I love loving these precious people, shaping them, laughing with them, laughing at them, and just marveling at the miracle each one of my children is.  I am so grateful to God for each one and for their amazing father who is with me each step of the way.

No comments: